One of the Consortium's primary goals is to produce original intellectual work on the societal implications of biomedicine and the life sciences and we have published widely in areas such as genetics, genomics, and nanomedicine. For example, in April 2012, Genetics in Medicine published a special issue and consensus article from the Consortium that offered the first recommendations on whether and how to discuss individual research results and incidental findings with people who contribute their specimens and data to biobanks and archived data sets.
Below, you can access and download the many symposia and articles generated by the grants we've been awarded.
Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology
Genetics in Medicine
- O'Daniel JM , McLaughlin HM , Amendola LM , Bale SJ , Berg JS , Bick D , Bowling KM , Chao EC , Chung WK , Conlin LK , Cooper GM , Das S , Deignan JL , Dorschner MO , Evans JP , Ghazani AA , Goddard KA , Gornick M , Farwell Hagman KD , Hambuch T , Hegde M , Hindorff LA , Holm IA , Jarvik GP , Knight Johnson A , Mighion L , Morra M , Plon SE , Punj S , Richards CS , Santani A , Shirts BH , Spinner NB , Tang S , Weck KE , Wolf SM , Yang Y , Rehm HL . A Survey of Current Practices for Genomic Sequencing Test Interpretation and Reporting Processes in US Laboratories. Genetics in Medicine 2016;18(11). Download PDF (638.01 KB)
- Scholtes E . Incorporating Cost into the Return of Incidental Findings Calculus: Defining a Responsible Default for Genetics and Genomics Researchers. Minnesota Law Review 2016;100(3):1171-1208. Download PDF (231.13 KB)
- Wolf SM , Berlinger N , Jennings B . Forty Years of Work on End-of-Life Care — From Patients' Rights to Systemic Reform. New England Journal of Medicine 2015;372:678-682. Download PDF (104.47 KB)
- Henderson GE , Wolf SM , Kuczynski KJ , Joffe S , Sharp RR , Parsons DW , Knoppers BM , Yu JH , Appelbaum PS . The Challenge of Informed Consent and Return of Results in Translational Genomics: Empirical Analysis and Recommendations . Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 2014;42(3):344-355. Download PDF (641.56 KB)
- Jarvik GP , Amendola LM , Berg JS , Brothers K , Clayton EW , Chung W , Evans BJ , Evans JP , Fullerton SM , Gallego CJ , Garrison NA , Gray SW , Holm IA , Kullo IJ , Lehmann LS , McCarty C , Prows CA , Rehm HL , Sharp RR , Salama J , Sanderson S , Van Driest SL , Williams M , Wolf SM , Wolf WA , eMERGE Act-ROR Committee and CERC Committee , CSER Act-ROR Working Group , Burke W . Return of Genomic Results to Research Participants: The Floor, the Ceiling, and the Choices In Between. American Journal of Human Genetics 2014;94(6):818-826. Download PDF (122.5 KB)