One of the Consortium's primary goals is to produce original intellectual work on the societal implications of biomedicine and the life sciences and we have published widely in areas such as genetics, genomics, and nanomedicine. For example, in April 2012, Genetics in Medicine published a special issue and consensus article from the Consortium that offered the first recommendations on whether and how to discuss individual research results and incidental findings with people who contribute their specimens and data to biobanks and archived data sets.
Below, you can access and download the many symposia and articles generated by the grants we've been awarded.
Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology
Genetics in Medicine
- Evans BJ . Commentary: HIPAA’s Individual Right of Access to Genomic Data: Reconciling Safety and Civil Rights. The American Journal of Human Genetics 2018;102:5-10. Download PDF (190 KB)
- Wolf SM , Amendola LM , Berg JS , Chung WK , Clayton EW , Green RC , Harris-Wai J , Henderson GE , Jarvik GP , Koenig BA , Lehmann LS , McGuire AL , O'Rourke P , Somkin C , Wilfond BS , Burke W . Navigating the Research-Clinical Interface in Genomic Medicine: Analysis from the CSER Consortium. Genetics in Medicine 2017. Download PDF (200.82 KB)
- Wolf SM . The Continuing Evolution of Ethical Standards for Genomic Sequencing in Clinical Care: Restoring Patient Choice. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 2017;45(3):333-340. Download PDF (119.35 KB)
- Scholtes E . Incorporating Cost into the Return of Incidental Findings Calculus: Defining a Responsible Default for Genetics and Genomics Researchers. Minnesota Law Review 2016;100(3):1171-1208. Download PDF (231.13 KB)
- O'Daniel JM , McLaughlin HM , Amendola LM , Bale SJ , Berg JS , Bick D , Bowling KM , Chao EC , Chung WK , Conlin LK , Cooper GM , Das S , Deignan JL , Dorschner MO , Evans JP , Ghazani AA , Goddard KA , Gornick M , Farwell Hagman KD , Hambuch T , Hegde M , Hindorff LA , Holm IA , Jarvik GP , Knight Johnson A , Mighion L , Morra M , Plon SE , Punj S , Richards CS , Santani A , Shirts BH , Spinner NB , Tang S , Weck KE , Wolf SM , Yang Y , Rehm HL . A Survey of Current Practices for Genomic Sequencing Test Interpretation and Reporting Processes in US Laboratories. Genetics in Medicine 2016;18(11). Download PDF (638.01 KB)