The Consortium issued an intramural RFP to graduate and professional students in November, 2019 to graduate and professional students. The RFP was intended to provide a stipend for research and writing in the Summer 2020 or academic year 2020-21. We were delighted that the RFP stimulated 49 proposals from 35 programs around the University.
Five awards were made for a total of $34,618:
- The effects of a pre-existing diagnosis of mental illness on breast cancer diagnosis, treatment quality, self-reported experiences, and survival—Manami Bhattacharya, PhD student, Health Services Research, Policy and Administration ($7,000). View Proposal View Report
- Role of health and occupation switch on retirement of American midlife workers—Yun taek Oh, PhD student, Applied Economics ($6,618). View Proposal View Report
- Thinking outside the box: building beekeeping practices that support the natural behaviors that stingless bees need to be healthy—Margaret (Maggie) Shanahan, PhD student, Entomology ($7,000). View Proposal View Report
- Medicalizing the menace? a mixed methods study of governance and embodiment in Minnesota’s medical cannabis program—Ryan Steel, PhD candidate, Sociology ($7,000). View Proposal View Report
- HPV self-sampling in primary care clinics in Minnesota: a pre-implementation study—Serena Xiong, PhD student, Social and Behavioral Epidemiology ($7,000). View Proposal View Report