The Consortium sponsors multiple events each year to foster dialogue about important issues at the intersection of science and society. We bring top experts in bioethics, public policy, health care, and the life sciences to campus to engage with our faculty, students, staff, and community colleagues.
Our lectures bring eminent thinkers from around the nation to address emerging topics that cross disciplinary boundaries.
- January 8, 2021 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- October 16, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:00pm
- August 28, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Kasisomayajula Viswanath, PhDApril 16, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Laura Helmuth, PhDApril 3, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Dietram A. Scheufele, PhDJanuary 22, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:00pm
Mississippi Room, Coffman Memorial Union -
Our lectures are presented in series. To search by series name, use the links below.
The Consortium organizes conferences to present original grant-funded research and support the work of our member centers. Featuring nationally-known speakers and University of Minnesota faculty, the topics of these events range widely from the privacy challenges of genomic sequencing, to the policy challenges of energy innovations, to oversight of nanobiotechnology.