- Veronica T. Mallett, MD, MMM, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and Dean of the School of Medicine, Meharry Medical College
- Maria F. Lima, PhD, Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Research; Interim Vice President for Research and Innovation, Meharry Medical College
- Ellen Wright Clayton, MD, JD, Craig-Weaver Chair in Pediatrics, Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University; PI, LawSeqSM (NHGRI/NCI # 1R01HG008605)
- Susan M. Wolf, JD, McKnight Presidential Professor of Law, Medicine & Public Policy; Faegre Baker Daniels Professor of Law; Professor of Medicine; Chair, Consortium on Law and Values in Health, Environment & the Life Sciences, University of Minnesota; PI, LawSeqSM (NHGRI/NCI # 1R01HG008605)
Advancing the Health of Underserved Populations through Genomics and Precision Medicine: The Challenge for Law
(moderator: Susan M. Wolf, JD, McKnight Presidential Professor of Law, Medicine & Public Policy; Faegre Baker Daniels Professor of Law; Professor of Medicine; Chair, Consortium on Law and Values in Health, Environment & the Life Sciences, University of Minnesota)
- Dayna Bowen Matthew, JD, PhD, William L. Matheson and Robert M. Morgenthau Distinguished Professor of Law, F. Palmer Weber Research Professor of Civil Liberties and Human Rights, University of Virginia School of Law
Addressing Health Care Disparities: When Is Precision Medicine Helpful? Does Law Support or Hinder Progress?
(moderator: Pilar N. Ossorio, PhD, JD, Professor of Law and Bioethics, University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Shawneequa Callier, JD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Research and Leadership; Director of Doctoral Research in the Translational Health Sciences PhD program, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
How Can Law and Policy Support Work on Health Disparities & Health Care Disparities?
- Wylie Burke, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Bioethics and Humanities; Member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington
View presentation slides
How Can Precision Medicine Advance the Health of Underserved Populations?
(moderator: Marino A. Bruce, PhD, MSRC, MDiv, Research Associate Professor of Medicine, Health and Society; Associate Director, Center for Research on Men’s Health, Vanderbilt University)
- Olveen Carrasquillo, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine and Public Health Sciences; Director of the Division of Health Services Research and Policy; Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Miami
Is Law a Help or a Threat to the Inclusion of Underserved and Immigrant Populations in Genomic Research?
- Jennifer K. Wagner, JD, PhD, Associate Director of Bioethics Research; Assistant Professor, Center for Translational Bioethics and Health Care Policy, Geisinger Research
Legal & Policy Issues Raised by Genomic Research and Biobanking in Research with American Indian & Alaska Native Populations
(moderator: Pamala A. Jacobson, PharmD, FCCP, Distinguished Professor, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology; Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation; Director of the Institute of Personalized Medicine, University of Minnesota)
- Nanibaa’ A. Garrison, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine; Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics, Seattle Children’s Research Institute
Lessons from Other Health & Behavioral Research in American Indian & Alaska Native Populations
- Spero M. Manson, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Public Health and Psychiatry; Director, Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health; Associate Dean of Research, Colorado School of Public Health at the University of Colorado Denver’s Anschutz Medical Center
Lunch with speaker: Pathways Toward Resolving Distrust Among Groups Negatively Impacted by Genomics
(moderator: Ellen Wright Clayton, MD, JD, Craig-Weaver Chair in Pediatrics, Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University)
- Consuelo Hopkins Wilkins, MD, MSCI, Executive Director, Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance; PI, Vanderbilt-Miami-Meharry Center of Excellence in Precision Medicine and Population Health (NIMHD # 1U54MD010722); Associate Professor of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Meharry Medical College